Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am an old lady





I remember when I was in my twenties I could drink many beers and smoke many smokes and stay up late and still function well at work on only 4 hours of sleep. I remember when my teenagers were babies I could breastfeed twins until midnight, make a grocery run until 2am, catch a few zzzzzzzzs and then go to work at 8 then run home and make dinner.......


I was wonder woman.






I could dig up an entire flower bed and plant a hundred bulbs before lunch.




ahhhh the good ole days when my body was young.




Do you remember your first gray hair? I do, my kids were toddlers and I was at my Mom's and I caught a sight of one in a mirror and shrieked. My Mother laughed her ass off.



After my divorce I was in my 30's and I took up running- 10-15 miles per week and I also worked full time and took care of 3 kids, and dated. Yes, I quit smoking. I was amazing.




So what happened? I'm not sure but it kind of creeped up on me. Nowadays I feel like an old lady. Before I go to bed I have to take my Zocor for my cholesterol and then remember to put my eye cream on. I usually fall asleep during The Daily Show.

In the morning I need Advil , coffee, and a heating pad just to feel human.

I have to get my roots done.


I have neck pain AGAIN.


I saw my orthopedic surgeon again this week. Heck of a nice guy but he is a surgeon after all. You see I have 'degenerative disc disease' in my neck and that translates to at age 45- 3 ruptured disks in my neck so far . This also means I have endured 3 surgeries. That sucks. Anyway, the good news is my last surgery went fine and I am 'mechanically stable' although he is unable to determine whether I am emotionally stable.....


Ha Ha ha. That was a joke folks.



So what is the point of this? Well, I am a 'glass is half-full' kinda Gal so I remain optimistic about my health. I do understand that choices in my twenties and thirties have consequences in my forties and I can live with that. I also understand that my forties and fifties and sixties and so on will be affected by my choices now.
I will NOT GIVE UP
I choose to be optimistic and attempt to regain my momentum again, after all, 45 is the new 65, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment